Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Traveler And The Tracker

Once a Traveler and a Tracker set out to explore the world together. As they wound their way through the wilderness, the Traveler was amazed at the Tracker's habit of pausing several times a day to pray.
"Why do you pray to something intangible?" the Traveler asked. "How do you know there is a God?"
Now the Tracker was very skilled in noticing things and, through the years, had gained much insight reading the smallest signs. And he answered the Traveler this way: "I know there is a God when I see the leaves turning yellow. I know there is a God when a trout jumps at a fly, and when grass waves in the dry wind. I know there is a God when clouds shade my head and the stars wink at night."
"So you see," said the Tracker, "I know there is a God, for I can see His footprints throughout the Universe."

No comments: