Tuesday, March 05, 2013

QB Minus a Game Plan

Tom Brady, the quarterback of the New England Patriots, is not only one of the NFL's best players, he is one of the NFL's best stories.
By age 28, he had already won three Super Bowls, an accomplishment that ranks him with some of the best quarterbacks ever to play the game. Brady's loss to the Denver Broncos in the 2005 playoff was his first in the playoffs, compared with 10 playoff wins in the last 4 years.
But with all Brady's fame and career accomplishments, he told 60 Minutes, "Why do I have three Super Bowl rings and still think there's something greater out there for me? I mean, maybe a lot of people would say, 'Hey man, this is what is. I reached my goal, my dream, my life.' Me, I think, 'God, it's got to be more than this.' I mean this isn't, this can't be what it's all cracked up to be."
"What's the answer?" asked interviewer Steve Kroft.
"I wish I knew," Brady replied. "I wish I knew."
Source: CBSNews.com (6 November 2005)

No comments: