Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A Home For Your Heart

When it comes to resting your soul, there is no place like the Great House of God. "I'm asking Yahweh for one thing," [David] wrote, "only one thing: to live with Him in His house my whole life long. I'll contemplate His beauty, I'll study at His feet. That's the only quiet secure place in a noisy world" (Ps. 27:4-5 MSG).
If you could ask God for one thing, what would you request? David tells us what he would ask. He longs to LIVE in the house of God. I emphasize the word live, because it deserves to be emphasized. David doesn't want to chat. He doesn't desire a cup of coffee on the back porch. He doesn't ask for a meal or to spend an evening in God's house. He wants to move in with Him...forever. He's asking for his own room... permanently. He doesn't want to be stationed in God's house, he longs to retire there. He doesn't seek a temporary assignment, but rather lifelong residence.
- Max Lucado in "Grace for the Moment"

No comments: