Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I saw Jesus

I saw Jesus last week.
He was wearing blue jeans and an old shirt.
He was up at the church building.
He was alone and working hard.
For just a minute he looked a little like one of our members.
But it was Jesus – I could tell by his smile.

I saw Jesus yesterday.
He was at the hospital visiting a friend who was sick.
They prayed together quietly.
For just a minute he looked like Brother Jones.
But it was Jesus – I could tell by the tears in his eyes.

I saw Jesus this morning.
He was in the kitchen making my breakfast and fixing me a special lunch.
Or just a minute he looked like my mum.
But it was Jesus – I could feel the love from his heart.

I see Jesus everywhere,
Taking food to the sick,
Welcoming others to his home,
Being friendly to a newcomer,
And for just a minute I think he’s someone I know.
But it’s always Jesus – I can tell by the way he serves.
by Summer Waters (age 11)

No comments: