Friday, April 17, 2009

Sharing Community

When I think of community, I think of a group of people who want to know me as well as I know myself - people who challenge my thinking, help me grow, and love me unconditionally. Community like that is incredibly freeing.
When Jesus encountered the woman at the well in John 4, He told her all about herself. At first, she was caught off guard and uneasy. But she soon went back to her town and told everyone to come and meet the man who knew all about her.
As believers, we have a great opportunity to use community to reach others with the gospel. As we participate in community, people on the outside see that and want to be part of it. I encourage you to find community and to share that community with others.
- Toben and Joanne Heim in "Great Expectations"

No comments: