Saturday, April 21, 2007

Pastor Quits Sports

Twelve reasons why Local Clergyman Stopped Attending Athletic Contests
1. Every time I went, they asked me for money.
2. The people with whom I sat didn’t seem very friendly.
3. The seats were too hard and not very comfortable.
4. The coach never came to call on me.
5. The referee made a decision with which I could not agree.
6. I was sitting with some hypocrites who only came to see what others were wearing.
7. Some games went into overtime and I was late getting home.
8. The band played some numbers that I had never heard before.
9. The games are scheduled when I want to do other things.
10. My parents took me to too many games when I was growing up.
11. Since I read a book on sports, I feel that I know more than the coaches anyhow.
12. I don’t want to take my children, because I want them to choose for themselves what sport they like the best.
With apologies for those who use the same excuses for not going to church.

No comments: