Friday, November 24, 2006

A Thirst So Great...

I have never known a thirst like this – a longing to know and be known
A longing to understand and be understood.
Not just at a human level, but somewhere deep within me
There is a stirring that nothing seems to satisfy.
The routines of each day cover them over…
Eating, drinking, sleeping, working, driving…
They seem more to distract me from this urging to find my place, understand the reason for it all.
Everything seems so meaningless, like I am chasing the wind.
One task is completed, another begins, with so little sense of connection.
Connection!
Is that what this thirst is about? Finding connection with myself, with creation, with God?
Living water is what you promised, Lord, to all who trust in you…
give me this water, so that I may never be thirsty.

No comments: