Monday, March 19, 2012

Fear (3)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

No one loves the man whom he fears - Aristotle

It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, "Always do what you are afraid to do." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fear breeds fear. - Byron Janis

Often fear of one evil leads us into a worse. - Nicholas Boileau-Despresaux

I don't fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, "Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?" - General George S. Patton

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it. - Thucydides

Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it.

He who loses wealth loses much; he who loses a friend loses more; but he that loses courage loses all - Cervantes

Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared - Eddie Rickenbacher

No comments: