Thursday, December 15, 2011

If We Pray, God Will Hear

"But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Saviour; my God will hear me."
(Micah 7:7, NIV)
If you're like me, you have those times in your Christian walk when you think that God's not listening. "He has better things to do," you think, "than listen to me pray for the umpteenth time about this problem." When I start to have those thoughts, it helps me to remember that God created the universe out of nothing, and He is constantly involved in upholding it. And even more importantly, He loves to hear the prayers of His children because He created us to pray, to need Him. He may not answer right away, but he does listen. When we pray, God's listening as intently to us as a new mother listens to her sleeping infant.
We truly live in a universe that is saturated by God and His love, and we can agree with Micah that "God will hear me."
- Matt Donnelly, Christianity Online

No comments: