Saturday, January 03, 2009

My Doubts, My Fears, are Creating Walls

O my Beloved, though I have turned from You,
continue to enfold me with your love;
Be gracious to me, Heart of my heart,
for I am sad and weary.
Surround me with your healing Light,
that my body, mind, and soul might heal.
How long must I wait, O Love?

I open the door of my heart to You,
my Beloved,
Enter in and imbue me with your steadfast Love.
I shall remember You all my days;
I shall sing praises to You throughout the nights.

I am tired of so many fears;
I cry myself to sleep at night;
grief and feelings of guilt
bedim my eyes with tears;
All my doubts, my fears, are creating walls
so that I know not love.

Depart from me,
you enemies of wholeness,
for the Beloved is aware of my cry;
Love has heard my prayer;
and hastens to answer my call.
Though my fears are running for cover,
yet they shall be transformed
by Love;
All that was in darkness shall come
into the Light.
- From Nan C. Merrill, "Psalms for Praying"

No comments: